How to properly adjust image size

I found that when I want to resize an image and to make the resolution a little bigger, the width and height pixel sizes changes if you increase or decrease the number.

I'll give a specific example - let's say my width and height for my pixel sizes are supposed to be 800 and 600 respectively, but to make it bigger so I can print, my resolution is 300. The print sizes turn out to be 2.67 and 2.00, even though I want it at let's say 5 inches. How do I make it so that it remains the same?

I found that when I want to resize an image and to make the resolution a little bigger, the width and height pixel sizes changes if you increase or decrease the number.

I'll give a specific example - let's say my width and height for my pixel sizes are supposed to be 800 and 600 respectively, but to make it bigger so I can print, my resolution is 300. The print sizes turn out to be 2.67 and 2.00, even though I want it at let's say 5 inches. How do I make it so that it remains the same?

Increase the width and height size in pixels. Note that although this will allow you to have a higher DPI and size, unless you make any changes after changing the size that take advantage of the higher resolution your image won't be any higher quality and Paint.NET can't create photo data.

KaHuc.png

Increase the width and height size in pixels. Note that although this will allow you to have a higher DPI and size, unless you make any changes after changing the size that take advantage of the higher resolution your image won't be any higher quality and Paint.NET can't create photo data.

KaHuc.png