Image Blending

Hello,

I am not a graphic designer, and I'm not even sure if I am asking the correct question. However, I am trying to do something that I think would be simple to accomplish.

I have an image. I want to take a specific part of that image, which is a non-standard shape, and paste it into a new image. To select the non-standard shape, I am using the magic wand. I then copy the selected area. Next, I paste the copied image onto my new image, which has a dark gray background. But when I copy the image into the new image, it does not seem to blend with the background nicely. There are little white specks around the edges of the copied image. If I change the tolerance on the magic wand, part of the image becomes distorted.

How do I select an image with the magic wand and make it blend nicely on a new background of a solid color?

Thank you

Hello,

I am not a graphic designer, and I'm not even sure if I am asking the correct question. However, I am trying to do something that I think would be simple to accomplish.

I have an image. I want to take a specific part of that image, which is a non-standard shape, and paste it into a new image. To select the non-standard shape, I am using the magic wand. I then copy the selected area. Next, I paste the copied image onto my new image, which has a dark gray background. But when I copy the image into the new image, it does not seem to blend with the background nicely. There are little white specks around the edges of the copied image. If I change the tolerance on the magic wand, part of the image becomes distorted.

How do I select an image with the magic wand and make it blend nicely on a new background of a solid color?

Thank you

Paste the non-standard shape image on a new layer( not on the same layer of the dark color),

then deselect using :Deselect: and apply the Feather plugin, play with the sliders after checking the True Feather box, this will trim the light edges and give them a clean and smooth effect.

Hint: for best result give the layer a full opacity using the Transparency effect.

Find BoltBait plugins here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22819

Paste the non-standard shape image on a new layer( not on the same layer of the dark color),

then deselect using :Deselect: and apply the Feather plugin, play with the sliders after checking the True Feather box, this will trim the light edges and give them a clean and smooth effect.

Hint: for best result give the layer a full opacity using the Transparency effect.

Find BoltBait plugins here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22819