Opening a saved file

I have read all the help files and post after post and tried everything I have seen here and nothing seems to work for me. Have I saved incorrectly or am I not opening the file in the right place? The only place I can get it to open is Internet Explorer. What do I do from there? I want to go back and add things to this same file over and over. It won't even open in Paint.NET. I am sure there is something I have missed. I am not highly experienced and may have not understood something. I have saved in both JPEG and PNG.

Make sure that the area you have saved your content is not in the same path or folder as DivX encoded videos or other high quality codec related media is stored. In fact, move the file(s) you are having trouble opening to a brand new folder on the desktop then try to open it from there. If you use the search function, you will find that there is a lot of back talk regarding this situation and a higher quality explanation of the issue. Hope this helps!

signature.png

I just now uninstalled Paint.NET and re-installed it. I can successfully save a PNG file, but not a JPEG. It gets the file size error. I have no idea what to do. I tried to resize, but still cannot save a JPEG. I guess I will be happy with what I can do, but this is just not right. I will try anything else you tell me, but if it has already been posted, I have tried it. I always read first, ask questions later.

Have you read this: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23125 ?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yes, I had read that one, but I must admit that by that time I had read about 150 things an was on overload. I did get it to save in PNG and am happy with that. I can open it in Paint.NET after the re-install. I can also get it to another place so I can use it there. That is good enough.

Thank you for your help. I know those of us who don't know all the ins and outs of this must get tedious in our requests. I do appreciate your guidance and help. I will work the fromula next project and see exactly how much I am asking the program to remember. It didn't seem that large at the time! Maybe it was. ?

When you're zoomed out, it's easy to miss just how massive the image really is.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.