Photo Resizing: Projector?

heyalls!

well i've been thinking about this for a while now, how come movies, pictures and others can be enlarged loselessly so easily using a projector? For all i know (i'm no expert) they aren't vectors, so i was wondering if it was possible to replicate this to enlarge digital pictures without any quality loss.

I know for example my scanner will often scan a piece of paper and then save it much larger than it was in real life, and then i can even print it and i get to have a larger version just like that (although i never tried to scan the digital picture over and over...).

Anyways, just throwing ideas like that, tell me what you think!

-Ananas

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

It doesn't. Get up really close to it: there are just as many pixels, they're all just an inch wide. :-) You can replicate the same effect by getting really, really close to your computer screen. Get a magnifying glass maybe.

A projector isn't any more magical than a computer monitor: it can't make pixels up, either. :-P

In fact, a projector is just a computer screen, inverted to make it huge.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

okay, thanks for explaining, and what about those filmprojectors, like in the cinemas (although it's not very used anymore but anyways... :P) or cameras, are all of those images vectors? that would be surprising...

http://www.bombsite.com/images/attachme ... 1_body.jpg

granted, they might just be pixelated but since we're sitting far from the image.... mmh...

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

No. They're analog images. No pixels, no vectors. :-) Old school.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.