A request for guidance

I'm brand new to photo alterations. I desperately need to remove a few flaws in the backgound of some photos I took for an important art submission. All I need is to figure out how to make some blemishes go away and blend into the backgound. (EG, there are some hooks visible on the bluish-white background on which the art pieces are displayed and I can't remove them by croping. I need to make them disappear into the background. I searched the forum for a clue, but didn't find anything. I tried various things with "paint" but none of them worked.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Don.

Greetings M.Hat.

It might help us if you provided us with the image in question, even if it's a resized version, just so we can give better direction for help.

Until then, what I would do is Clone Stamp ( :CloneStamp: ) the artefact(s) out before a dashing of Gaussian Blur or Unfocus if needed (localised by way of the selection tools ( :RectangleSelectTool::EllipseSelectTool: :LassoTool: ) to naturalise the cloning.

If you're into plugins, and you should be with the pack that follows, then True Blur can provide a great alternative to the aforementioned blurs.

Does this help?

• toe_head2001 changed the title to A request for guidance