Inserting Text; Saving in .PNG Format

OK, I've been searching for 2 hours now, and I give up -- I need help! I have *NO* experience with graphics software.

I've downloaded and installed Paint. What I want to do is create text images to save in .PNG format to upload to CafePress.com to print on a t-shirt. Only text, no graphics. Like, if it were a Word document, it would just be text in a fancy font.

Can anyone tell me where to start? I've been viewing tutorials, but none of them seem to tell me how to type in letters! Please help.

Thanks,

Tanna

open pdn

create new layer (assuming you do not want the background a color, delete the bottom layer by selecting the layer and hitting the big red x in the layers box)

select the :TextTool: and then find the font you would like and adjust the size to your liking.

after you are satisfied select file and then save as

select png from the dropdown menu.

background3sigxz1.png

I think things look different on my screen, there is no big red x anywhere.

I "added" a new layer and removed the background. Now the working area has a checkerboard pattern. Is that normal?

>>>select the and then find the font you would like and adjust the size to your liking.<<< I can't tell what icon you put there, what is it called?

If it's "Pencil," when I click it I don't see any font options. Where would I find them in the pull-down menus?

Thank you so much!

I think things look different on my screen, there is no big red x anywhere.

I "added" a new layer and removed the background. Now the working area has a checkerboard pattern. Is that normal?

>>>select the and then find the font you would like and adjust the size to your liking.<<< I can't tell what icon you put there, what is it called?

If it's "Pencil," when I click it I don't see any font options. Where would I find them in the pull-down menus?

Thank you so much!

I apologize there is not a "red" x, but you did figure out how to delete so that's good.

The checkerboard is normal, it just shows transperancy.

On the tool window ( if it is not showing hit F5 on your keyboard) select the "A" this will allow you to place a cursor to start typing. You can change font size, color of text, and font.

background3sigxz1.png

This forum is for publishing only, as it says very clearly above. :-) Make sure you're posting all questions not related to a specific tutorial or plugin in the questions forum. I've moved this thread. Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.