Save Configuration? Batch Compression?

To whom ever reads this, hello!

Is it at all possible to compress several images at once using Paint.Net?

I love the function Paint.Net provides when you 'Save' a picture, and it gives you the slider option within 'Save Configuration' to change the quality of an image and therefore the file size of the image can be reduced. i.e. opening a 5MB image, then when saving this image Paint.Net gives you the option to change the quality of the image by using the slider, which can take it down to several hundred K without much difference to quality of the final saved image.

Anyway!! does anyone know if this can be done to a batch of images all in one go? i.e. highlighting or importing 10x 5MB images, and doing 'one' Save to compress them all at once using the same quality? instead of having to open and save them individually, which can be tedious if you have 50 images like me.

I hope that makes sense? :)

'Any' response is much appriciated!

Thank you in advance!

pp20PDN

This functionality is not built in to Paint.NET.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thank you for your replies! I like it when people respond quickly on forums, thank you all!

Oh well, im not a programmer or software developer so I dont know how hard it would be but if possible it would be brilliant if the Paint.Net team made this an available feature. Oh well, Ill have a look around the web, there maybe something somewhere.

Thanks once again.

pp20PDN.

There is. As I recall, some of our users have had good luck with a program called IrfanView.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

You're very welcome! Glad to help.