[BUG] not saving any items in 'Open Recent'

Used several version of Paint.net over the last year or so -- I'm a casual user so only use it once a month or so. None of the versions have ever populated 'Recent' files  ( File -> Open Recent)?  Registry doesn't look like it has any keys for it.

Capture.jpg

That's odd. You should have registry keys for:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\paint.net\

File/MostRecent/Path0 .. 9

File/MostRecent/Thumbnail0 .. 9

File/MostRecent/ThumbnailDpi0 .. 9

Looking at the key Updates/LastCheckTimeUtc with value 637777865591369352, it seems that the last time you used this version and it did an update check was 2022-01-14 19:49:19

Did you once have the installer version of paint.net, which uses the Registry, but since then have used only the portable version, which does not use the registry?

Posted (edited)

I've been on 5.0.13 ... if I remember correctly, it prompted me to update and I was only 1 release back atthat point also. The Windows add/remove panel shows it was installed 3-11-2024

reinstalling now

Edited by Ltek

4 hours ago, Tactilis said:

Make sure you are installing version 5.0.13. Looking at your registry keys, your present version seems well out of date.

Those could easily just be left over from old versions from when they were current

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg