Saving pictures

When Im working on a pic its very clear but once I save it it gets fuzzy

ex: race1.png?t=1225771635

My avatar and signature contained images that were not "family-friendly", so BoltBait was kind enough to remove them.

I should probably read the rules for this site before updating them.

Do you resize it before you save it?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No I started off with the same canvas size

My avatar and signature contained images that were not "family-friendly", so BoltBait was kind enough to remove them.

Honestly, I don't see much blurriness in that image. Can you take a screen shot and show us what you mean?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Okay here's a comparison

fuzzy/pixelated

Untitled-5.png?t=1225772972

Clear

Untitled-6.png?t=1225773008

Check the settings when you save it as a .PNG. Are you saving it as top quality?

It looks as though you are right, David. After a quick preview myself, it appears you are saving the image as an 8-bit PNG at maximum dithering level (if we take into account no pre-save editing, such as manually adding dithering).

For best results, David is once again correct: use a higher bit-depth. The general rule-of-thumb is that if an image will need to display transparent parts, use 32-bit as this can save the alpha value data. If it does not need to display any transparency, then 24-bit will be all fine and dandy for your image (it doesn't loose any quality whilst keeping file size as low as possible).

EDIT: oh, hello again, D.Darknovaxp. You see? I said I wouldn't burn you.

Thanks that worked and it was supposed to be Dr. but I don't know what happened.