I've tried everything need help

The answer to this is probably all ready on the forum some place but I can't find it.

My daughter sent me the link to download Paint.net. I download it fine. But that was the start of my problems.

I click on the download to install and I receive the following message:

Paint.NET requires that the .net Framework is intstalled. Click OK to go to Microsoft’s webpage where you may download and install this. (Sorry never mastered screenshots

I click OK and go to Mircosoft get the download after 3 or 4 tries (have only dialup at this time). Try to install and get the following message:

Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\my Downloads\dotnetfx.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I am sure it fully downloaded this time because I was sitting in front of the computer when it went into the final seconds.

I really want to try Paint.Net and even though I am probably old enough to be some of your Mother or Grandmother I am fairly computer literate.

My daughter evidently didn't have any trouble install Paint.Net on her computer but I am.

Please help please :oops: :(

Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life. Sandra Carey

Yeah if it says "not a valid Win32 application" then the download is obviously incomplete or corrupt / damaged. Since you saw it complete all the way to 100%, I'd put my bets on the latter.

You can also get .NET Framework 2.0 through Windows Update, which uses a more failure safe download system.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Thank you. I'm going to my son's (he has a high speed connection) on Friday and will try to download it then copy it to a disk. (I think that will work.)

My ISP has a bad habit of disconnecting on big downloads. I'll also try "trickman's" link.

Thanks to both of you.

Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life. Sandra Carey

Okay I have Paint.NET downloaded and installed.

Now the fun begins. I am just going to play around a little than do some serious work.

I'll be back when I need some help. Thanks