Is it possible to set Save Configuration Window to Auto-Confirm?

I apologize in advance, I just search for this feature and I saw a couple of other Posts about this request. The other Posts were locked and I wanted to offer a comment on the question.

I seem to have noticed some frustration from the developer, and as I say, I apologize in advance.

The main reason I would appreciate the "Save Configuration" Auto-Confirmation or Bypass, is for when I have multiple Files open, say 10, 20 (sometimes more), I find it a bit tedious to have to confirm for each image I want to save. I already suspect knowing the answer that accompanies this request, but I still wanted to offer this perspective, just in case.

On a side note, would it be possible to find, or maybe even develop a Plugin that could Auto-Confirm the "Save Configuration" window?

In any case, paint.net is, without a doubt, a very good Program that I use almost every day. Thank you for this very useful tool. Cheers!

Edited by GaXve

3 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

There's no need to move the mouse all the way over to the OK button -- just press Enter.

Agreed.

And @GaXve, if you don't use the shortcut keys extensively at the moment, then take some time to work your way through the Documentation here: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/KeyboardMouseCommands.html

You'll save loads of time by using keys extensively compared to keep moving and clicking with the mouse. That will easily make up (and more) for having to OK the Save Configuration dialog.

29 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

just press Enter.

To elaborate on this, you should be able to press Ctrl+S and then immediately press Enter without even having to wait for the Save Configuration dialog to pop up.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I understand. Personally, I try to speed up any process I utilize on a computer, no matter which software I use. If I could have foregone pressing Enter 20 times after a "Save all", it would have been time gained, but I will accept Paint.net as it is.

I understand the frustration of having the same question asked over and over again. And I know I'm just another one of these irritants. Feel free to disregard my next question, I am simply curious. I'm assuming the reason for not wanting this feature is to make sure the end users know exactly the quality in which they want to save their work?

Thanks 🙂

Awesome, thank you. I had read these posts and I was assuming there might be something more. Not being User-Friendly is what I'm getting from Rick's responses then.

Edited by GaXve

37 minutes ago, GaXve said:

Not being User-Friendly is what I'm getting from Rick's responses then.

In the sense of:

1. Not making the design error of More Choices => Good UI  (see The Paradox of Choice)
and
2. Avoiding all the questions of the forum along the lines of "How do I change the Bit Depth, Quality, etc settings when saving" that would arise if there was an 'Auto-Confirm the Save Configuration window' setting that was turned on.

1 hour ago, GaXve said:

Personally, I try to speed up any process I utilize on a computer

As mentioned above:  Ctrl+S, Enter, Enter

You don't have to wait for the Save Configuration dialog to appear to make the 2nd press of Enter, so it adds no more than 0.5 seconds to the process to hit the key twice.