Hi everyone.  I just discovered two life changers - the graphics program Paintnet and the image optimizer RIOT.  I like to copy and paste pictures into a program, rather than save then open to adjust.  I just seem to get better results that way.  RIOT is the most incredible optimizer.  It started out life as a component of Irfanview, then the IV author wanted a different language.  So the author of RIOT released it on his own website.

I just discovered plugins, and RIOT fits nicely into my favorite Xnview.  I was hoping Paintnet could use plugins but didn't see a folder there.  But as I like the program so much, I did some searches.  I was delighted to find that Paintnet does accept plugins!  But I am a dimmie and don't know many things. I read the instructions, but the process eludes me.

Can anyone help to point me?  Thanks

Soahs

Welcome to the forum @Soahs

As you are new to paint.net, you may not have read the very comprehensive Documentation yet.

Click the :Help: Help icon, top right in paint.net and select Documentation, or go directly here: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/

You'll find a wealth of information on using paint.net.

For plugins, go to Getting Started -> Installation -> Installing Plugins

Note that the instructions differ depending whether you have the Classic (free) installation of paint.net or whether you paid for it via the Microsoft Store. Also there is a difference between FileTypes and Effects plugins.

Note that some plugins (especially plugin packs) have their own installer that automates the process. Otherwise, it's just the case of downloading and unzipping the plugin and copying the files to the correct location.