Pin number for PDN

I have been using Paint.net for many years now, and am attempting to purchase the latest build or update from Microsoft, but am being asked for a pin number which I don't ever recall having. Where do I find settings in order to sort this out? I've spent ages on  this without success. Any help welcome. TIA.

Change your PIN when you’re already signed in to your device

Reset your PIN when you aren't signed in to Windows

Each of those articles has a tab where you can choose Windows 11 or 10 for instructions. But both are so similar you should be able to get the gist. In order to make a MS Store purchase a pin is required. You may have chose one during the initial windows set up (welcome to windows etc)

3 hours ago, 0rinoco said:

I have been using Paint.net for many years now, and am attempting to purchase the latest build or update from Microsoft

@0rinoco There are two versions of paint.net:

- The Classic version, which is free.

- The Microsoft Store version, which you pay for - but you pay only once.

The Classic and the Store versions are identical in terms of how they operate. The difference is in how they get updated.

To avoid any confusion, let's establish exactly what you have at the moment.

In paint.net, please click the :Settings: Settings button, then click Diagnostics, as shown here:
pant-net-version.png

Let us know what you have for Application, Install type, and OS (i.e. where I have underlined).

Once we have that information, we can give precise instructions for updating to the latest version.