How do I print actual size

Paint.net printing doesn't make any sense. You go to image -> canvas size, you set the size in cm or inch that you want, then you go to print dialog just to realize that canvas size doesn't matter at all. This program is 19 year old, I can't believe there is no functionality to print actual size.

19 minutes ago, bonyabonya said:

This program is 19 year old, I can't believe there is no functionality to print actual size.

This person is XX years old, I can't believe that they don't appreciate that there isn't such thing as actual size when printing images.

Suggested reading:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bonyabonya said:

Paint.net printing doesn't make any sense. You go to image -> canvas size, you set the size in cm or inch that you want, then you go to print dialog just to realize that canvas size doesn't matter at all. This program is 19 year old, I can't believe there is no functionality to print actual size.

Printing?  What is this, the 80's?

Honestly, no one prints anymore.

The best way to print is to ignore the built-in printing mechanism of Paint.NET and import your image to Microsoft Word and print from there.

Paint.net doesn't actually do printing, it just calls up the Windows Print Image Wizard (not part of paint.net), which

certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

You are well advised to use some program which has decent printing functionality, such as IrfanView or FastStone

Image Viewer.

And be advised, that no matter what it says in some dialog, digital images do not have an "actual" size, that's

something that only physical objects (such as a printed page) can have.

6 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

The best way to print is to ignore the built-in printing mechanism of Paint.NET and import your image to Microsoft Word and print from there.

The best way to print is to ignore the built-in printing mechanism of Paint.NET and display your image in IrfanView and print from there. IrfanView has very comprehensive print facilities:

Irfan-View-Print.png

And there's even a super easy way to get your image into IrfanView without the need to save a file from Paint.NET & open it in IrfanView.
See https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/122164-full-screen-preview-of-current-pic/?do=findComment&comment=610304