Can I deactivate this thing...?

Go to solution Solved by Rick Brewster,

FIRST OF ALL, sorry for botherin'. And I really hope this counts as "Question and Discussion". I am new here and I think that this fits with what I want, because what I have is a question...
I love Paint.NET so much and all my art is from here, buuut... There is somethin' that it's annoyin' for me, and I would like to know if there is a way to deactive it.

image.png.707e66f73b99c5b64dcbbec986995d49.png
Here's an example, you can see that my First Color is Blue, and Second Color is Purple, well, when I press LEFT click to select Orange as First Color, it goes well, Left click equals First color.
image.png.cc92f5d29126107f5df76b56c5a4ce28.png
image.pngBut when this thing is like this, most of the times unintentionally... You know, with the second color selected.
When I try to select Orange color to First color, you know what happens.
image.png.38dd29b3c0379bfa83ac368d69762998.png
Yeah, it selects into Second color, and I am sorry but it annoys me, I would like to know if I can deactive this.

Not just this, this thing is not that bad, but... What really annoys me is this.

When I have the Second Color selected, Left Click means Second Color, isn't it?
image.png.737d48f759c40acf4a97f957f5d2ffcf.png
Well, when THEN I draw, it appears that now LEFT click doesn't mean Second Color, but First color. So I try to paint in orange but it paints in blue.
image.thumb.png.e238b962efa0ff31c7db298ea46ec9bc.png

Sorry for this long post.
Is there a way to deactivate this? I'll be patient in the answer!! 😃

Edited by Pauls281
Left and Right issues :/

• Solution

Your pictures don't match up with what you're saying ... like in this one you say right click but the picture indicates left click. So in this case it's doing exactly what it's supposed to. I can't really follow along because every picture indicates left click, but the text is saying either left or right click.

26 minutes ago, Pauls281 said:

when I press RIGHT click to select Orange as First Color, it goes well, Right click equals First color.
image.png.cc92f5d29126107f5df76b56c5a4ce28.png

Left click = Set active color

Right click = Set the other color

You can press X to swap the two colors, which is the same as clicking on the arrow between the two colors (its tooltip tells you about X).

You can also press C to switch which color is active. This isn't described in a tooltip, but it is in the documentation. This might be something that will help you out.

The active color should only ever change if you click to change the active color. So another way to make sure this doesn't happen is just don't click to change the active color.

• Thanks 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

@Pauls281, please have a careful read of the Documentation, which you can get to by clicking the top right :Help: icon in Paint.NET.

Look at the Colors | Colors Window page: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ColorsWindow.html. This explains exactly how the controls work and the actions performed by left and right mouse clicks.

Is it clear now?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

Your pictures don't match up with what you're saying ... like in this one you say right click but the picture indicates left click. So in this case it's doing exactly what it's supposed to. I can't really follow along because every picture indicates left click, but the text is saying either left or right click.

Oh my god I am so sorry!! I did meant LEFT click not RIGHT click. This is embarrassing, sorry! (I have NO idea how I did put RIGHT instead of LEFT.) Lemme fix it.

Well, sometimes it does change out of nowhere, I don't know why, I think that it happens while I am in tablet.

6 hours ago, Pauls281 said:

I really hope I wasn't a bother...

Of course you were not.

You had a problem, so you reported it. You read the responses and took them on board. You resolved the Left/Right mix-up.

Just keep watching out for accidental presses of 'C' and check the Active Color before clicking on a palette color or using the Color Picker tool.

• Upvote 1