Quick Question!

Hello, hello, hello!

I am seriously new and probably have the most ridiculous question.

(But can you blame me? I downloaded the program only 10 minutes ago!)

QUESTION:

How do I paste an image into a selected area (like if I selected an area with a magic wand, how do I paste an image into only THAT area without making a new image?)

Does that make sense?

Thanks to anyone who helps.

:D

(like if I selected an area with a magic wand, how do I paste an image into only THAT area without making a new image?)
You can't as such. What you will have to do is:

• - delete the content of the selection (as in, once the selection is active, hit the Delete key on your keyboard);
    - create a new layer ( :AddNewLayer: ) and paste the image you want (Ctrl + V) - just as asian_skillz suggested;
    - finally, move that new layer below the first ( :Down: ).

I would suggest that you have a play around, take a look over the Help Files (Help menu > Help Topics) and also the Forum Rules before immediately asking how to do what. 10 minutes is giving up far too quickly. Paint.NET is a surprisingly easy program to get to grips with, and it would not take all that long to learn a basic understanding.

Speaking of Rules, your topic title breaks [rule=6]Rule 6[/rule] which explains that topic titles must be descriptive. This in order for both the right user to see your problem and help more efficiently, and more importantly, for a clean and organised Forum; imagine if the Forum was littered with 'help!' and 'question!!!!'. Madness it would be. Utter lunacy.

Because of this, I'm going to lock your topic. This doesn't stop you from posting again, in fact, we'd be more than happy to extend the hand of help when you need it. Just don't forget those Help documents ;).

Topic locked