Is it possible to make the pencil or the brush tool be one pixel thick, but still not make diagonal pixels?

Go to solution Solved by Rick Brewster,

Basically, I have this thing that bugs me, whenever i use the pencil tool too fast, it makes it make diagonal pixels, like thisimage.png.7f02065581c356786affbf171f8cdcf4.png

But I don't want These kinds of diagonal pixels, I want every pixel to be connected by one pixel horizontally or vertically, like this.

image.png.ee004effc7436c93da7f09e24262abe7.png

Is there some kind of filter that prevents these diagonal pixels, and makes it so that all the pixels are connected to another vertically or horizontally, instead of me having to go back and add the pixels manually.

• Solution

I think this is called "pixel perfect" drawing (for whatever reason). This has been suggested before, and I have the code for the basics of its implementation, but it is not integrated into the app yet.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Why is it that the speed with which you draw the line makes such a difference?

Moving the mouse quickly produces the thin line with pixels just touching at the corners.

Moving more slowly (drawing a line of the same angle) produces a line that looks more like the "pixel perfect" drawing.

Edited by Tactilis
Typo fixed