"This installer does not support the x64 cpu architecture."

Paint.net Updates
An update for paint.net is available. It is strongly recommended that you install it as soon as possible.
More Info
Install when I exit
Install Now
(no option to install later)

I've been x-ing out of the dialog box since the install failed several times.

Attempting to install....

Paint.net Downloader:
"This installer does not support the x64 cpu architecture."

While searching google for information about that error message, I came across it being discussed in an older thread in this forum (linked below), but I didn't see any steps I could take to resolve it.

Searching FAQ and the forum didn't turn up any solutions. I'm usually a reliable DIY problem solver, but I'm experiencing the extremely slow machine response time that for me, always precedes buying a new machine. Until I do, and in the event that I'm not the only one having this problem, I hoped someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I bought this machine in about February of 2020. I would have downloaded and installed it right away, by searching for it in google, and I believe that would have been a link on "getpaint." Since then, I have allowed it to automatically update every time I got a popup to do so. It's never had a snag until very recently. I could be wrong, but I think this is the first i'm hearing about arm64 installer. Also, each time I run ccleaner and it checks for programs with updates, it prompts me to update paint.net, and the same problem happens.

Which version of Paint.NET do you currently have installed?

Can you post the diagnostics information? It's in Settings (gear icon at top right of main window) -> Diagnostics, then click "Copy to Clipboard" and paste it here

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg