Jump to content

I can't seem to rotate images


Go to solution Solved by Li Do,

Recommended Posts

How do I revert back to the previous version before this update on the 21st? I don't like having to ctrl alt z to rotate and the eraser/paintbrush circle disappears as I begin to erase. Don't like it at all. Can you please assist?

Edited by Li Do
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Li Do said:

I don't like having to ctrl alt z to rotate


It's menu Layers | Rotate/Zoom   or    Ctrl+Shift+Z  (not Ctrl+Alt+Z) for the comprehensive Rotate/Zoom control.

Or just use the mouse as shown below if you want simple rotation.
See 'Rotation' on the Move tools page of the Documentation https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/MoveTools.html

 

image.png.fd21ba8ba8df254f487b427536425300.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Li Do said:

How do I revert back to the previous version before this update on the 21st? I don't like having to ctrl alt z to rotate and the eraser/paintbrush circle disappears as I begin to erase. Don't like it at all. Can you please assist?

 

You can turn off pressure sensitivity in the toolbar, the button is just to the right of Brush Size.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing but "Antialiasing" is to the right of the brush size. The rotate use to be attached to the "Move Selected Pixels" (Curved arrows at the corners)

Thank you

Edited by Li Do
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Li Do said:

The rotate use to be attached to the "Move Selected Pixels" (Curved arrows at the corners)


It's still there in v5.x

Did you look at my post above showing rotation using the curved arrow at the corners?  I highlighted it in red so it's easy to see. Did you look at the Documentation to see how to use it?

Are you saying that for your installation of 5.x that rotation using the mouse does not work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. The rotation arrows are no longer present. There I have little squares on the sides of the selected, but circles on the corners. In your documentation sides and corners have squares. Arrows disappeared with the newest update. I did look through your documentation. I appreciate your aid. 

Example.jpg

Edited by Li Do
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Li Do, that doesn't even look like Paint.NET 5.0. The canvas background hasn't been blue in ages, nor have the grab handles on the N/S/E/W edges been squares since befofre 4.0. Please make sure it actually says "paint.net 5.0.1" in the title bar. It looks like you're using Paint.NET v3.5.x.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Li Do said:

In your documentation sides and corners have squares. Arrows disappeared with the newest update.

Some of the screenshots in the documentation (showing squares) are outdated. The nubs are now circles.

However the rotation arrows in 5.x work the same way:

Click the Move Selected Pixels tool (or just press M) and place the mouse pointer just outside of a  nub as shown in my post above and in the documentation. If you are using 5.x then the arrows will appear.

 

 

Edited by Tactilis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

@Li Do, that doesn't even look like Paint.NET 5.0. The canvas background hasn't been blue in ages, nor have the grab handles on the N/S/E/W edges been squares since befofre 4.0. Please make sure it actually says "paint.net 5.0.1" in the title bar. It looks like you're using Paint.NET v3.5.x.

And there is the issue. I have been updating every time it tells me to update. Ha! I will download the new version and see if all my problems disappear. How crazy. So sorry. Will let you know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Thank you both so very much. That was the issue. The last update to my old version messed it up. I thought every time I updated it updated the version. So sorry to have wasted your time. Thank you again! So happy now. You can delete this my part of the thread if you wish.

Edited by Li Do
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...