Create selection with exact size (pixel or ratio)

Go to solution Solved by MJW,

Hello,
I have been using p.n for a very long time and I appreciate it as a very good program with which you can achieve a lot of things, but there is one thing I miss for a long time.

I would like to crop photos to a suitable size and adjust the aspect ratio.
for this I am looking for a solution how to create masks with pixel accurate size, can someone explain me how this works or is there a plugin for this?

also would be nice (as a second function) if I could specify the aspect ratio of the mask (eg. 3:2) and then drag the mouse the pixel size of the mask directly on the layer.

Edited by chris231
edit titel

• Solution
20 hours ago, chris231 said:

I would like to crop photos to a suitable size and adjust the aspect ratio.

At least to me, it isn't clear what you want to do. I'm not sure what you mean by a "mask" in this context. I think you need to explain more clearly or more fully. Perhaps it would help to describe the type of image you'll start with, and what you hope to end up with. Maybe you could list the steps of the ideal process to achieve your desired result.

Hello,
I apologize for for the wrong description, english is not my first language - I did not want to make any confusion.
I think this is a language (or translation) problem, in the english version of p.n it is called "selection" - for me it is a mask. In the meantime I have found out that p.n by default has the possibility to create the selection with fixed size and fixed ratio. I have never taken this option into consideration all these years.
That solved my problem. but thank you for your reply.

greetings

• chris231 changed the title to Create selection with exact size (pixel or ratio)

I'm certainly happy you were able to solve your problem. I can imagine how difficult it would be to precisely express a technical question in a non-native language. I'm a little embarrassed to have my reply marked as a solution, since I really didn't do anything to answer your question. I wish credit could be given to whomever PMed you.