Rendering/Processing Slow Help MS?.Net?

After buying a new Acer aspire 3000 with AMDm Sempron - 512ddr

Yesterday

:( ((due to "microsoft update" MS06-015 (908531)locking up my old hp PavN5414 lap(info on request-(Ron at Dell tried to help, but MS rewrite/fix didn't work))

My prosessing/rendering is cralwing - on a fresh 2.6 and ms net frame

Have I got a crummy processor??

I own Adobe 3.0-paint, but really enjoyed the 2.5 p-.net old version, as was easy and my old celeron lap, was, fast running it.

I have only put on Avast, Adware and thats all.

:?: Whats my problem?

:? UPDATE

i found that a program called {ZOOM IN} couldn't be shut down by restarting & had to click END NOW

IT or something from download was running processor @ 100% -task mgr.

IT would come back at reboot.

I ran system restore and am back to new fast processing

HAVE HAD A-Virus on before it started happening, happened while editing/hard/rotating .pdn layers,

is their a new zoom virus?

Got any ideas :?:

:!: Hope to use p.net again

here's a OLD crash log

from the MS Update, explorer lockup, on HP if you care to look

Crash log for Paint.NET v2.5 (Final Release build 2.5.2153.32600)

Time of crash: 4/28/2006 2:25:01 AM

OS version: 5.1.2600.0

.NET Framework version: 1.1.4322.573

Exception details:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)

at PaintDotNet.SaveConfigDialog.FileSizeTimerCallback(Object state)

Yeah this doesn't sound like a Paint.NET problem if you've got/had a virus infection. Honestly if you've had a virus the best medicine is to reformat the hard drive -- otherwise you can't be 100% sure that the virus was removed. This is especially true in this era of rootkits and such.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Rick :?

this brand new computor has been on the net only to google, major geeks, to down load hijacker, avast, ad-aware, paint.net, the ms net 2

then then reset, to after avast :!:

find it very hard to believe that the zoom rotate function dosen't have a bug as that when it started :!:

do you have a zipzoom cookie, or zoom in.exe in pnt or ms :?:

if not who knows of a new trogen called zoom in

if a trogen im sure it in the latest sys restore file

Want to run it :?:

i haven't created my sys utility restore disk yet as on partioned drive from factory :cry:

am not going to reinstall your great p.net until i found what was trying to burn up my new processor ,

seems someone would want to know what happened so quick to new comp. with new avast avirus-updated and scaning, don't think a norton would find as it's gone to sys restore and was thinking to turn sys restore off, to be rid if it, then back on :?:

could restore bad sysrestore, run hyjack, run a utility while processor is at 99% then reformat it if you want me to :?:

I'm really having trouble figuring out what you're saying here. "Zoom in"? "Zipzoom" ? What are you talking about? I'm not trying to give you advice on fixing your computer, that's not really my domain.

If Paint.NET's running really slow then maybe your power management is keeping the CPU at a lower power state, which means it's not running at full performance in order to save battery life. This is just a hypothesis mind you.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

thanks for your reply

after first boot of this laptop i installed adaware and avast

then i returned to majorgeeks to download pnt.net and ms frame

1 i started editing a pdn file & when i tried rotate/zoom a pdn layer

2 i experienced slow processing

3 i restarted the lap

4 windows reported that it couldn't shut down ZOOM IN (a running process)

5 i hit end now

6 happened again so ran task mgr. showed 100% usage of processor

7 preformed a C drive search for zoom

8 found to suspicious cookies named, myadministratorname@zipzoomfly.122.2o7

9 ran avast avirus on boot -found nothing

10 ran adaware and it didn't find those two zipzoomfly cookies

11 i ran hyjack and didn't see or understand many new reg entries so i deleated the two cookies to recycle

12 i ran sys restore, back to before, downloading your pdn and ms, and computor runs as new

14 i know i recieved either a brand new worm/virus/trogen attatched to your download file at major geeks or a bug from your programs

Again this brand new lap top has been nowhere else on net

If you know of anyone interested in finding the trogen or bug i'll help with my files, until i turn off sys restore and/or reformat this brand new drive, as you know it take awhile just to do that

If not interested pls. just email me if you see this problem again

how do I show a pdn/.png here like you do?

I'll get Ron AT Dell/hijack to read this post, but i didn't save the hjt copy file.

Thanks again RLJ :roll:

Please don't accuse Paint.NET of having a worm, virus, or trojan. That's a serious accusation, and I can unsure you it's not true.

ZipZoomFly.com is a website for buying computer parts. Cookies are hardly dangerous, and not something I'd worry about at this point. Most anti-malware software likes to report all sorts of cookies as "dangerous" just to make themselves look like they're helping you all the time.

If "ZOOM IN" is running before you started Paint.NET, then Paint.NET is not what's the problem here. Paint.NET does not create any windows or programs called "ZOOM IN", it doesn't modify the list of startup programs, etc. This obviously has absolutely nothing to do with Paint.NET. Therefore, you will need to seek help elsewhere because this is strictly a Paint.NET forum.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg