Copy and paste selection problem

Hi,

I have a problem when trying to move a copied selection, but only when part of the selection overflows out of the screen (when only part of the selction is seen on the monitor). Zooming out the view can avoid the problem, but this is not convenient when doing precision job with larger images. Sometimes I create grids like for graphics with curves where the same patern is repeated a lot of times both horizintally and vertically, and if the selection moves then I don't know where it has gone as the patern is repeated all over the image. I have to Control-Z back in history, then zoom out until all the selction is seen, then move the selection (for at least 1 pixel) before zooming in again to precisely move the selection. I had not this problem before with my older version of Paint.net on my old XP computer, so I don't know if it is because of the new Paint.net version or because of Windows 10...

I not sure I understand.

You have successfully described the scenario in which the issue happens, but not the issue itself.

Are you saying when you paste, you have to scroll to find the region in which the selection was pasted?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab