3D Palm leaves

D3z

I have managed to create a palm tree and island with S3D but not I would like palm leaves and do not know how to create then so that they would fit in with the rest of the tree.

Can anybody help me?

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

I was just going to answer this one. I think drawing the leaves is best

I had a quick go ... remember this is unrefined but is something

like this what you are after.

jungleleaves.png

its fairly easy

if you want to contiune using the shape 3d plugin sorry I'm not too good at that one. perhaps ASH has some hints for you.

ciao

Thats exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

But seeing as its just drawing, and its only a once-off thing that I want it for, cant I just use that and cut out then edit it? (I plan on using S3D to get it into the required position)

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

yes you have my permission to use this one of time if you right clik the picture and save as .png you should be able to paste in a transparent layer.

but I really think you should learn this its real easy. and will stand you in good stead for future projects.

I won't be home much of today, but will work on a real quicky mini tut for you and post it in my gallery probably some time late tomorrow.

you only have to make one leave and one stem then cut and paste and use the move button to resize etc. real quicky.

keep in mind if you start turning or twisting and pasting this one set of leaves I posted in different angles your shading /shadows will be wonky another reason to learn how to do this.

ciao