Rotating images without antialiasing, file linking, macro support and preview support/plugins?

I truly love paint.net. I am using for almost a year now mostly for pixelart, and no bugs or imperfections found. But i have a few questions.

I mostly work in grids, so i make a few tiles and transform them later on in one big background. But when i see a mistake in one of my tiles, i have to make the background over again. This happens a lot, so my first question is, is there a way to prevent this from happening? Like instead of copy pasting my tiles linking the files to them so they get automatic updated?

Second, i'd love to know something about macro support. Is there any?

Third, When i rotate images they get anti-aliased(except for 90, 180 270 and 360 degrees). Is there a way to turn this off?

Last but not least, is there a way to get a preview? It is kinda annoying to zoom in and out on the image, and i'd love to get a preview of my art on my second monitor.

Already thanks for all the help! (and sorry for my bad english)

-GooseGuy

Edited by GooseGuy

• GooseGuy changed the title to Rotating images without antialiasing, file linking, macro support and preview support/plugins?

Regarding rotation without antialiasing (which technically isn't the right term but we'll go with it for now :) ), you can change the Quality in the toolbar, which configures how the selection is sampled. Try "nearest neighbor".

image.png

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg