Need Help: Reformatting EffectFlags plugin to EffectOptions

-Mari-

I am trying to change the output of the CopySelectionCoords plugin from 

left, top, width, height

to

{ "X": left, "Y": top, "Width": width, "Height": height }

I've come across a few issues, but most of it boils down to me not knowing how to properly convert EffectFlags to EffectOptions. I've read this thread and downloaded and looked through OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9. I've read through all the CodeLab tutorials and searched through the forum using GetPaint's custom search page. I'm a C# novice and I'm trying to use Visual Studio 2019 to edit this plugin for my own use; I've tried using CodeLab, but I'm not sure how to use it to get the output I need.

I would greatly appreciate some help since I'm obviously in over my head.

For the output string change:

string selectionCoords = $"{selection.Left}, {selection.Top}, {selection.Width}, {selection.Height}";

To:

string selectionCoords = $"X: {selection.Left}, Y: {selection.Top}, Width: {selection.Width}, Height: {selection.Height}";

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

If you want to switch to CodeLab, all you need is this:

void PreRender(Surface dst, Surface src)
{
    Rectangle selection = EnvironmentParameters.GetSelection(src.Bounds).GetBoundsInt();
    string selectionCoords = "X: " + selection.Left + ", Y: " + selection.Top + ", Width: " + selection.Width + ", Height: " + selection.Height;

Services.GetService<IClipboardService>().SetText(selectionCoords);
}

void Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
{
    dst.CopySurface(src, rect.Location, rect);
}

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Thank you! I tried your first solution, but I thought I'd done something incorrectly. After looking at your original plugin, I think that I must've misunderstood what its purpose was. I was trying to make a selection and have the (x,y) of the top left corner of that selection and the width and height of the selection shown in the output. I appreciate your time.

3 minutes ago, -Mari- said:

I was trying to make a selection and have the (x,y) of the top left corner of that selection and the width and height of the selection shown in the output.

Um, that's exactly what the plugin does.

bp-sig.png

I figured out what I was messing up. I was selecting the effect then making my selection instead of making my selection and then choosing the effect. Selection -> Copy Selection. I don't know what I was thinking. Thank you so much for your help and for writing the original plugin.