use other images as a "guide"

I have not downloaded paint but have a question. Do I need to download some type of software to create what I need?

I found a map image I want to put on my webpage but when I looked at the source infomation on "their" webpage to create my own map I do not know how. This is the info that I want to "change" to make it appear on my webpage and I do not have a website address because I am still creating my page "meaning I don't have a website address" and I am not familar with changing or replacing the because I have tried to leave this info "out see below" and the map image will not appear on my page. So how can I make a map image appear on my page "without" the websites address on it. This is at the beginning of the image and again I tried to take that portion out and it would not display the image.

Map of United States

*(The rest of the infomation is the maps html's and I did not type here it would be too long )

My original folder name is "merchandising.html"

Someone suggested I create an additional folder"with "everything copied from my original folder" to the new folder and I called it "image1.html" and this is how I tried to place a tag in my "first folder" like this:

"Map of United States

taking the website address out but it did not work.

Do I need to create an additional folder?

I also tried to create a folder that was a gif folder like this:

"Map of United States

and that did not work to.

Do I need software or can I take something out or am I making an error.

Thanks

sunrise