How to make custom stripe

Just the white 'twisted' band or do you need the 'scan' line look and varying red background too?

I just had a rough go at it and this is what I came up with. Unfortunately the original picture is not good enough to see exactly what is going on, whether the lines on the twisted band are actually transparent and whether the folded part is outlined in some way etc.

1818256808_ForJsquad81.png.9f2764f8b5d1034c6fb18bc2d77af82d.png

It was more complicated than I thought but to start with you need a two tone graduated background. I used the darkest and lightest red from the original provided. For the lines (if required) use the Render > Gridlines plugin with horizontal spacing set to 0. Put the latter in another layer to the graduated background so you can keep it on top of everything. I'd hide it whilst doing the rest of the image but it can help with the positioning of the various elements at certain points too. 

You could build it from, I think, five separate white quadrilateral shapes, duplicating the four that are repeated but that seemed more complicated than the way I approached this. That is to think of it as two main quadrilateral shapes: a white rectangle and a white parallelogram.

In another layer and, obviously you have to work out the exact scale/size for them, a solid white rectangle was drawn and then, in a layer on top, the two parallel lines of appropriate positioning and thickness added. I used the Shapes > Rectangle > Outline option for that and the lines made the colour of the darkest part of the graduated background.  Reason for that is when you colour cut the lines later any inaccuracy in the edge will disappear into the background. 

Once done merged the two down then duplicate that so you have two rectangles with parallel lines on separate layers. Position overlapping, as in the original, with the bottom coloured line of one and the top line of the other joining up to run across the exact centre of the canvas. Keep them in separate layers.

The next bit was the real pig. I tried using the Parallelogram from Shapes first and then the Distort > Oblique plugin on another copy of the rectangle layer and both cause problems. The latter in particular distorted the coloured lines making them thinner.

The solution I used was simple but crude: use the rectangle outline option again to create a pair of parallel coloured lines the correct distance apart and then rotated them to line up at the correct angle with the coloured lines of the white rectangles in the layers below. Once done I copied the layer to get another pair of lines for the other side of the parallelogram. Vertical coloured lines were added for the right and left edges too.

So you now have an outline parallelogram you can either fill in with white or put on a white background layer and cut to shape.

Now using the Color > Cut Color (XMario) plugin cut out all the coloured lines in the three shape layers you now have ie. two rectangles and a parrallelogram. Then merge normally.

Un-hide the gridlines and that should be it.

Hope some of this is useful.   

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png