The BreakingWaves Gallery

breakingwaves

breakingwaves-1.png

Hello all- I'm Niccole and I'm new here obviously... I've read through all the rules and don't really need much help when it comes to Paint.NET's functions. I would love some contructive criticism over here though.

I've just recently converted from JASC PaintShop, in fact, it was only yesterday... But I have already fallen in love with Paint and have created better looking and more professional images than I ever did with PSP.

I generally make banners and custom name siggy's, but once in a while venture off into a wallpaper among other items.

Here is some of my Paint.NET work and I hope you enjoy it. :mrgreen:

I made this siggy for myself just this morning:

NICCOLE.png

I made this siggy for a friend this morning:

PATTY.png

And I also made this siggy for another friend this morning (definantly not my favorite):

MANDI.png

I love this banner. I made this for yet another friend just last night, and unexpectidly got paid on it today. I didn't ask her for a dime, but she said it was absolutely perfect:

uppercaseliving_stephanieeffler.png

Anyways, I'll be adding more as I come up with them. Please feel free to let me know what you think, good or bad. I'd like to reach my full potential and cannot do so without other artist's thoughts- so thank you for viewing and I hope you come back soon. :lol:

I can already see major improvement, great job on all of your works.

A bit of criticism, perhaps?:

On your butterfly picture, leave more blank area on the corners of the canvas before adding the drop shadow, otherwise it gets cut off like it did in yours.

You can go back and fix it from here by cutting out around the butterfly and re-adding in the shadow, or if you've saved the .PDN file, all you have to do is delete the Shadow, enlarge the canvas size, and re-run the shadow effect.

A question:

In your gallery banner, did you use a stock picture for the background? Or was it all made using Paint.NET?

If made in Paint.NET - amazing job!

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!