Bug??

lpvmc

Hi,

To start with, I am a newbee with paint.net.

Example 1:

Background layer: I draw a circle

Open a new layer (2): I draw a second circle

Going back to layer 1 I cannot change the size of the circle because the circle it is impossible to select the circle again.

Example 2: I draw two circles in the same layer. I cannot resize the first circle other by using ctrl-z several times and by doing that delete the second circle.

It simply doesn't work. A bug? Should I upload another version of paint.net? or am I overlooking the obvious?

Kindest regards, Leo

paint.net is a pixel editor.  Once you finalize a shape (by pressing the finish button, starting a new shape, or using a different tool, etc.) your shape becomes pixels as part of your image.

If you want a free shape editor, try InkScape.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying that you cannot change something once you have finished it in some way? Looking at 'you tube videos' I see people activating the respective layer, activate the drawing again and change it.

KR, Leo

In that example, he is pasting in a bitmap of a circle and manipulating it with the resize handles.  It is not actually a circle at that point, it is simply pixels.

In the previous step, he copied the circle bitmap to the clipboard. Then, he pressed Ctrl+V to paste it onto the canvas. From there, you can resize it just like you could do with any bitmap, even a photograph.

• Upvote 1