paint.net 4.0.9 installation problem on Windows 10

Hi,

Back when Windows 10 wasn't a thing, I installed paint.net (i don't remember the version) on Windows 8.1.

After the public release of Windows 10 I decided to upgrade my OS, and after I done that, paint.net was working great.

Recently I had another software to install that required me to uninstall paint.net (because of a small amount of gb on a SSD).

After cleaning up some things I could reinstall paint.net again, i tried with the old installer (the first back on Windows8.1) but it failed.

So I decided to download the latest one (4.0.9) and install it.

Now the problem is that the installation is stuck on the greenbar, and after even some hours it wasn't done, What can I do about it?

I hope someone can help me!!!

Regards, V

I fixed it I found an paint.net 4.0.0 installer on my older HDDs and I installed in it was stuck as the 4.0.9 version so I copied all the data (while the installer was on) and killed the two installation processes and I started up paint.net from the copy

"stuck on the green bar"

which green bar? What part of the installation was this?

You definitely don't want to use 4.0.0. Lots of performance and bug fixes since then.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg