PaintNET 3.35 Front End Load Interrupt

When trying to Load Paint NET on my machine I receive the following notification:

Paint.NET Setup Front-End has encountered a problem and needs to close.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

---------Debug --------------------------------------------------------Close

Sorry, no debug log was dumped to the desktop and the Front-End Loader didn't even make it to the point of establishing a folder under Program Files. I use GIMP 2.4 and have been having a problem with an error (0xc000007b) every since I upgraded to Windows XP SP3 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 [of course they are blaming each other].

This may be interfering with the load as it has also shut down FireFox and slaughtered a legacy Netscape 4.03 I was maintaining (luckily also maintained on an older Linux 8.0 system). I am aware I am trying to make a multitude of generations of software work together here, yet if that is part of the problem let me know and I will seek another avenue.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Steve C. Wilson

Ah I see your trying to install Paint.NET. You don't have it installed yet.

I would not say SP3 is the problem as I have install Paint.NET already on about 50 Computers with SP3.

I guessing the problem is Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0. I know I have had problems with Symantec protection software before with install programs. It seems it blocking some actions that Paint.NET need to do for installing.

Here some steps to try.

1) Log in as a Admin

2) Turn of Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0

3) Run Paint.NET Installer

4) If Paint.NET installed, test run it

5) If test run worked then you should turn on Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0

6) Test run again to see if it will work with Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0

7) If all is good then you can log of as a admin and go back to your normal user account