UI/Dialog font scaling issue

Starting this morning, all text in all the dialog windows in Paint.NET appears to be scaled to 125%. This does not occur on the main window, like the File/Edit/View menus. No other applications are doing this, changing the OS scaling up and down has no effect, and editing the EnableWindowsFormsHighDpiAutoResizing setting in PaintDotNet.exe.config has had no impact. I've removed the registry settings with no change in font size.

Also, it's EXTREMELY difficult to search for issues with the UI font size in an image editor  :)

Changing the setting back and forth had no effect.

I moved PaintDotNet.exe.config and relaunched the application, got prompted to repair the installation, and continued with the repair. The issue is resolved, but there's no difference between the new PaintDotNet.exe.config and the one I had before the repair. Something else must have been broken and got fix with the installation repair. It's also bizarre to me that this issue didn't get fixed when upgrading from version 3 to 4.

• 3 months later...

As an update to this issue that reoccurred, my previous solution didn't work. I found other programs had scaling issues with fonts and some dialogs and it's from Windows 10 not handling DPI scaling well. To resolve this time, I went to Control Panel > Display > set a custom scaling level. I increased the value above 100%, applied, logged out, and logged back in. I did the same thing and set the scaling back to 100%, applied, then logged out and back in. Now everything looks like it should.

DPI stuff has become a bit weird in Windows 8 and 10, at least for "classic" applications. I've been trying to make small fixes here and there with each Paint.NET update. I'm not sure it'll be possible to fix *everything*, but I'll keep going until that's proven conclusively.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg