Trouble installing pdn

Hello,

I'm on windows 7.

I had paint.net.4.0.6 installed and working fine, but some days ago it suddenly stopped to work. When launching pdn or opening a file, there was no error message but nothing happened. I tried to uninstall or repair, but I got an error message and could not do it.

So I uninstalled pdn, using this :  https://support.micr...l_and_uninstall

But now I can’t re-install pdn. When launching paint.net.4.0.9.install.exe, the installation process starts and then the following error appears :

160402092526937498.png

If I “ignore” the error, several other errors of the same type happen, and if I ignore them all, the process seems to finish (but no “successfully installed” message), a message appears very briefly on the screen, then nothing happens and nothing seems to be installed.

The same thing happens when trying to install paint.net.4.0.6.install.exe

Can anyone help me ?

Sounds like those same files already exist in your temp directory, but for some reason the extractor can't overwrite them.

Manually delete all the files in:

%temp%\PdnSetup
and then run the paint.net installer again.

Let us know if that works.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

thank you for your help.

It is not working yet...

I've deleted all these files and launched pdn installer again.

there is no more error message and the installation seems to start correctly, but at some time, the installation windows disappears, The program paint.net.4.0.9.install.exe seems to be still active (I can see it in windows task manager), but nothing happens and I get no "installation complete" message.

Same problem with paint.net.4.0.6.

160403022650939958.png