Crashing on startup

I know you probably get tons of these posts...but..here goes.

I've been getting an error when starting the program, telling me to check a report on my desktop.

I've gotten this before, and it's gone away in about an hour or so..but this one has been sticking around for about 3 days now...so I figured I'd drop by and post it here:

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to crashlog@getpaint.net so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.35 (Final Release build 3.35.3106.20184)

Time of crash: 7/11/2008 12:13:14 AM

Application uptime: 00:00:01.3593750

OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.1433 x86

Processor: 1x "Genuine IntelĀ® CPU T1350 @ 1.86GHz" @ ~1862MHz (SSE, SSE2)

Physical memory: 1013 MB

UI DPI: 96.00 dpi (1.00x scale)

Tablet PC: no

Updates: true, 7/11/2008

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Features log: UpdatesState(StartupState), UpdatesState(ReadyToCheckState), SetTool(PaintDotNet.Tools.PaintBrushTool), HM(NullHistoryMemento), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ToolsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ColorsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.HistoryForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.LayerForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.MainForm)

Loaded assemblies:

mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll

PaintDotNet, Version=3.35.3106.20184, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe

System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.35.3106.20179, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Core.dll

PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.35.3106.20178, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Base.dll

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.35.3106.20178, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll

PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=3.35.3106.20179, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll

PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.35.3106.20180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Data.dll

PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.35.3106.20181, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll

Exception details:

System.ArgumentException: Given combination of Class, Part, and State is not defined by the current visual style.

at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer.SetParameters(String className, Int32 part, Int32 state)

at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer.SetParameters(VisualStyleElement element)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSystemRenderer.RenderStatusStripBackground(ToolStripRenderEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSystemRenderer.OnRenderToolStripBackground(ToolStripRenderEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripRenderer.DrawToolStripBackground(ToolStripRenderEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.StatusStrip.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.StatusStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea on whats happening?

I reinstalled the software just to see if that did anything, and it didn't, so I get the feeling it's something else on my computer that's not agreeing with paint.net D:!

My guess is that you're using WindowBlinds, right? If so, you'll need to switch to another theme, or turn off theming for PaintDotNet.exe.

The reason this is happening is that the theme you're using was authored incorrectly, and has a bug in it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg