Suggestion: Text automaticly on new/own layer

JoNNeMaNN

I've been using Photoshop, GIMP and of course PDN. I think that PDN can do the work that I require my image editing programme to do, but there's one thing that keeps bugging me: text is pasted onto the layer I'm currently on. In PS and GIMP the text is added to its own layer in PS and anchored either to the current layer or to a new layer in GIMP. The PS way to do it is the most preferable. If the text is added to it's own layer, it'll be easier to move on a later occasion. I'd really love to see this as a future feature. It's my only complaint with PDN.

Anyone who agrees?

opera88x31-2.gif

I'd really love to see this as a future feature. [...]

Anyone who agrees?

I do. Then again, I'm not bothered about creating a new layer myself, either because it is only one extra click of the mouse, or because giving me the ability to add a new layer or not ultimately gives me the control over that choice.

I like control, it makes me feel like I have power.

So this lack of feature is a good thing for me.

I am assuming you've read the Popular Feature Request list? I'm not insinuating you would, but before you go requesting any other text-based questions it would be best to be prepared before asking :).

I am assuming you've read the Popular Feature Request list? I'm not insinuating you would, but before you go requesting any other text-based questions it would be best to be prepared before asking .

Whoops, my bad. I searched around the forum to see if anyone had asked for this feature before, but I couldn't find any. Seems like my research didn't hold up though...

opera88x31-2.gif