Admin install difficulties

I can only install Paint.NET as a local administrator, and can only run it using the "Run As..." and selecting a local administrator account. Typically, my machine is a member of a domain (call it "ABC"). I'm not using roaming profiles, and can login as "ABC\kmoloney" whether or not I'm actually connected to the domain or not. Typically, I can download and install programs, and run them, with no problem, as "ABC\kmoloney" is an member of "Administrators."

Now, when I try to install, there's a brief flash of a window, and then nothing. I can only install Paint.NET by right-clicking on the 'Paint.NET.3.31.exe' file, selecting "Run As..." and using a local administrator account (e.g., "WORKSTATION\kmoloney" -- a local Administrator account that I never use).

Also, now, I can only run the program by using the same method (which means I can't associate jpg, bmp, etc. with the program, because I need to use the "Run As..." command to get it to run).

I don't have this problem with most other programs. I do experience the same problem with Liquid XML Studio.

I suspect the problem may have something to do with the .NET framework, although its clearly based on a hunch. I had no problems with this program before installing Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express and Microsoft Web Developer 2008 Express. These also install version 3.5 of the .NET framework, along with a 3.0 update. I uninstalled these programs (using "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel), but now I still get the error. Both of these programs seem to rely heavily on the .NET framework.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a screenshot (jpg, attached) of the window that appears for a fraction of a second during install. Had to use a video screen capture, find the frame, and convert it to a jpg to get it. I don't know if this will be helpful or not.15818_5e47718ce8f6c13ab0f30ca5dd66ff91

Oh, right. The way we got it to work was to install the version that didn't have the 2nd wrapper around it that set up the install banner (no need to really worry about what that means :))

Try installing this build of 3.31 instead: http://www.getpaint.net/files/zip/Paint ... 080512.zip

(I don't plan to leave that file available for download for every long)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg