Assembly Installation Error

hey guys im totaaly new to this paint.net thing and ive been trying to download it ( with no luck) im on another site and they told me to come here. everythime i try to download it i was wondering if anyone can help me?? everytime i try to download it this error msg comes up:

An error occurred during the intstallation of assembly

"microsoft.VC90.OpenMP.version="9.0.21022.8".publicKeyToken="1fc8b9a1e3b".processor/Architecture="amd64".type="win32"

Please refer to Help and Supoort for more information

1. Your thread title was way too ambiguous. I've edited it for you.

2. Troubleshooting questions need to go in the troubleshooting forum. I've moved it for you. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I found a solution that might be the fix:

Go check in windows services that the service named "Windows Modules Installer" is up and running. Mine was disabled. Enabling it removed the VC90 error. ( i also had problems with windows update because of it and a few other VC90 installations ive tried (vcredist_x86.exe for vs.net 2008).