Pressure Sensitivity Gone Haywire

I have a Wacom Penabled Tablet PC running Vista. For the past few months I've been using Paint.NET as my drawing application of choice. It's pressure sensitivity has been excellent, and in fact it’s the only paint program in which pressure sensitivity worked straight out of the box.

Recently however, was in need of a more extensive photo editing package (specifically, soft brushes) and so I turned to the GIMP. In order to get pressure sensitivity with it I had to install the Wacom drivers. So far, so good--everything seemed to work. That is, until I opened up Paint.NET and found it's brush size behaving strangely:

paintnetur9.th.png

Instead of a smooth transition with pressure from a 0px brush size to what ever brush size was set, I am now getting a somewhat jerky transition from 0px to a brush several times larger than the set size.

My guess is this has something to do with the different ways in which windows handles pen pressure, and it almost seems like Paint.NET is getting a double dose of signals.

Currently, it seems, my only fix would be uninstall the Wacom drivers and just let Vista handle things, but ideally I don't want to have to make the choice of Paint.NET vs. all other paint programs. It may come down to that, but I thought I'd ask here first and see if anyone has a solution--or at least a better understanding of what is going on.

Thanks for reading.

Have you tried disconnecting the tablet and then reconnecting it once again? It might be a problem with the driver.

And have you rebooted your PC?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Have you tried disconnecting the tablet and then reconnecting it once again? It might be a problem with the driver.

And have you rebooted your PC?

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've tried rebooting and it had no effect.

As for disconnect the tablet, I would find that quite difficult since it is built into the screen :lol:

gatewaye295ctablet1ix3.th.jpg

But I do think you are right, in that the problem is related to the driver in some way.

Aha. Tough stuff. :-) I'm out of ideas, honestly, but hopefully someone can come up with something.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.