Painting Buildings and Houses using digital photos

Hi,

I need to know if there is a selection tool where I can select making a line, not a rectangle or a circle. I would like to select an area by making a line from one point and then close the area by coming back to the first point. After I close the area, I would paint it with the paint bucket.

Also, is it possible to paint a structure using a jpg. photo of it and the colors not look fake. I mean I would like the colors on the structure to look more realistic. Check CBN Selector program and you will know what I mean. The problem with this program (CBN Selector) is that after you apply the colors, all the dirt and imperfections on the building structures still show.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Note: I don't know how to use your program (Paint.NET), but I've been using CBN Selector for a while.

The lasso select tool :LassoTool: allows you to select the way you wish. It's only as good as your steady hand though, so it might need some practice. Which is why we have the :Undo: button :)

There is a plug-in called "photo-flood fill" (can be found using http://www.searchpaint.net)which allows you to use another image to fill a selection. Basically, it just tiles it repeatedly in your selection. As for the imperfections showing through, it may just be as simple as increasing the opacity on the layer so the imperfections don't show through as much.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. How do I increase the opacity on the layer. I don't know very well what people mean with the word opacity. For the previous program I used, CBN Selector, they talked of moving the opacity slider to cover the imperfections but I don't know what they meant.

To adjust a layer's opacity (opaque is opposite transparent, so to increase the opacity means to lessen the transparency) you can double-click on a layer (or select a layer and hit F4) then increase the opacity, or if it's already at it's max, you can select the objects on the layer and use BoltBait's Transparency plugin (you can find it in his plugin pack) and play with the slider on the plugin to increase or decrease the opacity.