Tiff files

BDM

I have a very simple question. I have a collection of tiff files which I can view and edit in other applications, but not in Paint.NET. Why, and what can I do to get around the problem?

I am using version 3.22 on Windows XP

You'll have to be more specific than that. What message are you getting? How big are the files?

Moved to Troubleshooting

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Try viewing .bmp, png, jpeg of the same size.

Try some other .tifs.

Try converting .tif to another format such as .png & then see if Paint will view .png file. Notice if the .png is any smaller in file size than the .tif. I suspect there is a file size limitation or memory (RAM) problem.

Try shutting down pc to clear any memory problem, bootup, then view tifs again.

Run scandisk & defrag as files maybe alittle corrupt if they have been on your hard drive for a long time. Then try viewing tif files.

Uninstalling Paint.Net, shut down pc for afew minutes, boot back up & then reinstalling Paint.Net.

Hope this helps & David does not come down on me again.

Hope this helps & David does not come down on me again.

I didn't come down on you the FIRST time. Please stop slandering me.

In fact, I think your reply was excellent. Thank you for posting something more detailed than I had the time for. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.