Is it possible to use non standard fonts with paint.net?

Hello all,

This is my first post, so hello to everyone. I am new to Paint.net but need to get familiar with it quickly so will be looking through the tutorials with earnest. I have had a quick search in the forum and can't find the answer I am looking for so I thought I would go ahead and ask.

A Graphic designer has designed a logo for me and he has used two fonts that I don't think come as standard with paint.net they are called Juergen (true type) and Trajan Pro - Bold (open type).

I have done a quick google search for Juergen and it appears to be available as some sort of download.

O.K. my question. Is it possible to download fonts such as the ones mentioned above so that I can use them with paint.net because in future I need to be able to edit these logo's and change the words.

I have found similar fonts in paint.net but I would prefer to use the actual ones - if possible.

If it is possible, how do I do it?

last question - promise! :D

Is the best editable format to use with paint.net for things like logos and headers for websites - PNG. The reason I ask is because I need to know the best format for my graphic designer to send me the finished images in.

Thanks in advance.

just install them normally by copying them to the fonts folder inside windows folder

next time use the forum search there is a topic in the matter, actually if you went to the tutorials section there you would see a tut on "Using New Fonts"

Welcome to the forums! :D

[...] Trajan Pro - Bold (open type).

Paint.NET can only support and use True Type Fonts. Open are entirely ignored. Though you could write the text you need in another application, take a screenshot and copy it into Paint.NET.

I have found similar fonts in paint.net but I would prefer to use the actual ones - if possible.

The fonts aren't in Paint.NET, they're in your computer. :P Paint.NET only uses .ttf fonts that are installed on your computer. It doesn't have special fonts that only it can use. Just so you know. :)

Is the best editable format to use with paint.net for things like logos and headers for websites - PNG. The reason I ask is because I need to know the best format for my graphic designer to send me the finished images in.

PNG is really good if you need high quality and don't want to lose any details at all. I'd recommend having him send it to you in that. However, if you're going to publish it to a website and want to provide your user base with a shorter page loading time, I'd recommend saving a copy as .jpg or .gif (be sure to keep the .png if you want/need a high quality version for yourself) You lose some details, but your users will appreciate you more for being able to see the picture sooner.

Hi Wither and Miguel,

Thanks for the replies they were both very useful and should help me solve the problem.

p.s. Miguel as I mentioned, I did do a search, but couldn't find the answer, it's not easy when you join a new forum, you try to find where to look but sometimes get it wrong even when you do a search - whereas forums I am used to I can search and find the answer straight away - its the value of being a veteran in those forums. :D . Anyway just wanted to reiterate that I do always search before I ask, as I previously mentioned.