Need to design at 300psi, am I doing it right?

Hi everyone!

I spent almost all of yesterday trying to learn Paint and reading all of your very helpful tutorials!! I plan on using Paint for my websites and really like it so far!

My question is that I am designing a new business card. It needs to be saved at 300 dpi. I saw a few posts about it, but it didn't fully answer my question, so I wanted to ask it here and make sure.

I opened a template jpeg from the company and looked at image size. It is set at 300 px/in. I'm assuming that is the same thing as 300 dpi from what I read (correct me if I'm wrong). So, does that mean that every layer I add on top of that will automatically be set to 300 pixels/in as well? And if it does, when I go to save my design as a jpeg, do I need to choose the highest quality to keep it at 300 dpi or does it matter?

Thanks again for a great software and for everyone that generously shares your knowledge! It has helped me a lot.

Shelley

Find Your True Beauty

http://www.teen-beauty-tips.com

Yes, your entire image (including all layers) will be saved at 300dpi. But I would suggest not saving in JPEG - Rather, I would suggest saving the image as a PNG. It is a lossless image format that will ensure it looks as close as possible to the image on the screen once it's printed.

Hope this helps! :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Oh, I just remembered -- your thread title says 300psi. I'm assuming that, since you didn't mention anything about air compressors, you meant "Dots Per Inch" (DPI), not "Pounds per Square Inch" (PSI). :-)

Need to design at 300psi? I work at a rental company...We can take an Ingersoll-Rand out to you today, if you like... ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.