How to straigthen converging lines

Is there a tutorial that explains how to make parallel lines that converge on a building straight? I have some wide angle shots that have the typical inward lean to the buildings that are not in the center of the picture and want to straigthen them out. Thanks Peter

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you post a picture of what you want to do?

You may want to try the "Rotate/Zoom" tool. You can see it in the Layers menu, or by hitting Ctrl+Shift+Z.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

In the attached image the church spires converge toward tht top of the shot. This is common in ultra wide shots with many parallel lines. I know PS has a plug in that can do this correction. Thanks for the help, i just couldn't find anything in the tutorials or plug ins. peter

9922_5b936633eea45efc2aee04850d7dfaff

And you want to eliminate the perspective effect? As in, you want them to be parallel?

You can try the "Octagonal/Quad Reshape/Matte" plugin, or the "Rotate/Zoom" tool. But keep in mind that, no matter how you do it, stretching the top of the image will make it a much lower resolution. Also, since it's taken from below, it will look quite obviously faked. The human eye expects the perspective shift.

EDIT: Or do you just want to straighten it a bit, so that the exact center line of the image is perpendicular to the bottom of the frame?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Thanks David, I'll have a look at that and try it out. I just picked an extreme example. I wouldn't do it to this shot because of the shooting angle but a shot say of a city skyline from some distance shows this effect to a lesser degree and can handle the adjustment without looking unnatural. I already know how to straighten the shot, which in this case clearly needs a little help.

Thanks again. Peter

And you want to eliminate the perspective effect? As in, you want them to be parallel?

You can try the "Octagonal/Quad Reshape/Matte" plugin, or the "Rotate/Zoom" tool. But keep in mind that, no matter how you do it, stretching the top of the image will make it a much lower resolution. Also, since it's taken from below, it will look quite obviously faked. The human eye expects the perspective shift.

EDIT: Or do you just want to straighten it a bit, so that the exact center line of the image is perpendicular to the bottom of the frame?

Ah. Perfect. :-) In that case, I'd say the two I mentioned (Rotate/Zoom probably being the simplest) would work quite well.

You're welcome! :-) Glad to help.