Cursors

How can you turn cursor shadows off in Windows? If it was images rather than the operating system providing the shadows, there would be two images of each cursor, one with and one without shadow. However, there is only one image of each, and none have shadows in them. So this would imply that shadows are done by the operating system (at least in Windows).

Control Panel --> Mouse --> Pointers --> Enable Cursor Shadows.

Are you thinking of icons rather than cursors? In that case, yes you do have to draw shadows for icons, but not for cursors.

Again, I'm not sure how other operating systems besides Windows handle cursor shadows.

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

I stand corrected, the standard cursors can be changed. What I'm guessing, though, is that its a separate image embedded in the .cur file, and when the option is selected, it uses that instead of the normal one. I draw this conclusion from the fact that I'm using a non-standard cursor, and even with the cursor shadows option enabled, I don't see a shadow below mine, leading me to believe that it isn't handled by the OS. Of course, your guess is as good as mine at this point.

I guess the safe thing to do would be to draw the shadows in, and disable the shadow option in Windows.

I never thought of embeding two cursors in one file. The icon part of the plugin does this, I wonder if, if you are right, the plugin can be upgraded to allow this in cursors also.