Saving troubles

Nu7a

I am having a hard time trying to save a picture. Whenever I try to save it, when i try to get into My Documents the program crashes. I can save it in the default folder it comes up with, but when i try to move to anither folder it crashes. I'm using the up folder icon. Im on Win XP x86. If you need anymore info let me know. I was on 3.08 then updated to 3.10 then uninstalled it, then re-installed it to see if that would work, but it didnt. It only seems to get the error in My Documents and I just got a pop-up saying

"Ther execption Integer division by zero.

(0x0000094) occurred in the application at location 0x065da65b"

Thanks, Tyler

Did you get a crash log on your desktop?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Does your system meet the minimum requirements (especially the 256MB ram one)?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I'm at the end of my knowledge. Hopefully a mod or Rick himself can give you a hand on this. Sorry!

Does it lock up or shut down ?

Do you have any videos in the folder were you are trying to save the image ? If so remove them or put them in there own folder as Paint.NET sometimes has problems with DivX and videos when trying to save a image.

@david.atwell

Thanks for the help

@HITMAN-X-

Nope, it doesnt do either, paint.net just closes. I dont have any video files in the my documents folder either

-Tyler

I am having the same problem (almost) as Nu7a.

No crash log.

185gigs of space on hard drive.

2gigs ram.

I can open a pic in PDN and either do something or not with it and as soon as I click "save as", I get the popup saying 'paint.net has encountered a problem and must close. Debug does no good (never have experienced debug doing any good with anything).

In my documents folder, I have no loose vid files. They are all in their own little folders.

However, while manipulating a pic tonight ( taking a pic and adding a background layer), if I have both of the pics in the same folder, I can do it and save it, but if the bg pic is in a separate folder.... crash boom bang.... it crashes as soon as I open into my documents to get to the folder with the bg pics. Now, if I pre-copy the bg pic and paste it into the original pic's folder and then do all my work from that folder, PDN works like it's supposed to.

Pretty weird.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.

• 5 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem, but in my case, it started crashing when I click the "up one level" button when I try to open a file to work on. Obviously something happened where it locked in to a folder I was using and its subfolders, as I can't open files outside of this folder without moving the file into this folder from its original folder just so I can work on it. And no one wants to have to do that.

I have never had this problem until today.

I got a similar problem.

While saving pictures (with the file dialog), when I click "Save" then the program hangs forever and the picture isn't saved nor editable.

This isn't what it is really supposed to do.

Here's my config (HP Pavilion dv9205ca) :

AMD Turion X2 1.6 GHz (2x512Kb)

1 GB ram (with 64 Mb for integrated video card) (2x512)

Paint.NET 3.10

Windows XP Professional SP2 with all updates done (including .net framework 3.0)

120 Gb Hard drive (splitted in 90.7 Gb - 15 Gb - 5 Gb partitions).

Later on, it seems that restarting my session got everything in good order. Before that started to happen, I had done some copy from JPG to BMP / PNG of big pictures (2120 x 1640, or something like that), and everything pdn was running slower. Didn't know if that helps :?