Impressed Newbie

Is there a way to add 300% to the zoom pull down? Also, could someone point me to a thread that explains the move function as it differs from Paint? When I select content and move it, the transparent checkerboard is left behind. Paint leaves behind the white canvas, which is what I want. How can I duplicate that functionality? Thanks

Is there a way to add 300% to the zoom pull down?

It's in 2.6 Alpha1, so if you don't want to run "unstable" development versions, you should see it in 2.6 Final.

Also, could someone point me to a thread that explains the move function as it differs from Paint? When I select content and move it, the transparent checkerboard is left behind. Paint leaves behind the white canvas, which is what I want. How can I duplicate that functionality?

The checkerboard pattern indicates transparency. If nothing on a layer is over that section, the checkerboard pattern lets you know. If you save it in a format that doesn't support transparency, the areas of the image that have the checkerboard pattern will be white.

If you want the white displayed in the working window, you can create a new layer after you open up the image and move the new layer to the back. Then, fill the new layer with white. This way, when you move sections of the image, you'll see the white on the bottom-most layer instead of the checkerboard pattern.

I hope that helps!

Dan

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

If you want the white displayed in the working window, you can create a new layer after you open up the image and move the new layer to the back. Then, fill the new layer with white. This way, when you move sections of the image, you'll see the white on the bottom-most layer instead of the checkerboard pattern.

Dan, how do I "move the new layer to the back?" Could you give me a little more detail? I tried some things with layers, but they did not work as I thought you meant.

Yeah, the top-most layer in the Layers stack is the bottom-most layer on the canvas. Thankfully this has been switched around for 2.6.

So, create the new layer and fill it with white. Your image will look blank again. Then click the up arrow on the bottom of the Layer stack window until your new layer is at the top of the layer stack.

Sorry I wasn't more clear originally :)

Dan

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype