Can Paint.Net open .FLA Files?

I'm honestly not sure what graphics program creates .FLA Files (If anyone knows, please let me know), but they are graphics files, and I would like to be able to open and edit them. Is there a way to get Paint.Net to handle these files?

Thanks.

M_Lyons4_Signature.jpg

My First Signature...

FLA is the editable format for Adobe Flash. If you want to open and edit those, you're going to have to drop several hundred. I don't believe there is a freeware editor that will work with FLAs.

Also, FLAs are a method of animated vector graphics. Paint.NET is neither an animation nor a vector program, so I'm quite sure PDN will never have FLA support.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Oh... Thank you very much for the information. I would rather not give Adobe any of my cash if I can help it...lol... I thought these were just image files. I didn't realize they were for animation (And I don't know what vector graphics are).

Thanks Again,

-Matt-

M_Lyons4_Signature.jpg

My First Signature...

Vector graphics are basically pictures created by filled shapes. These filled shapes are drawn in real-time using mathematical formulae embedded in the file.

Raster graphics are the kind in which Paint.NET works. Raster images are pictures made up of individual pixels. Each pixel has its own color, and when you put a bunch of them side-by-side, it looks like something.

FLA files are like what .pdn files are to Paint.NET, or what .doc files are to Microsoft Word. They're the native, layered, editable files that Flash uses. They contain embedded libraries of symbols, layer information, keyframe data, and so forth which, when exported, create the SWF Flash movies which are all so common on the internet.

I hope that explains it clearly. :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype