I love Paint.Net and would never start Photoshop again except for one factor: I frequently need to open PDFs and save them as JPEGS. Paint.Net doesn't seem to have that capability and I've not found a plug-in that provides it.

Am I missing something?

Is there any chance this capability will -- or could be -- incorporated in future?

Sincere thanks for this fabulous software.

Mark

I love Paint.Net and would never start Photoshop again except for one factor: I frequently need to open PDFs and save them as JPEGS. Paint.Net doesn't seem to have that capability and I've not found a plug-in that provides it.

Am I missing something?

Is there any chance this capability will -- or could be -- incorporated in future?

Sincere thanks for this fabulous software.

Mark

No, unfortunately PDN does not open PDFs and is unlikely to ever have it built in. A plugin, if somebody codes one, will be your best bet if you ever want to do that in PDN.

However, on a bright note the internet is littered with programs that can do exactly that, have a browse on download.com or softpedia.org or just try Google.

Hope this helps.

No, unfortunately PDN does not open PDFs and is unlikely to ever have it built in. A plugin, if somebody codes one, will be your best bet if you ever want to do that in PDN.

However, on a bright note the internet is littered with programs that can do exactly that, have a browse on download.com or softpedia.org or just try Google.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your kind advice.

You're right about there being bazillions of PDF software packages available on the web, and I've previously looked for what I needed about that many times, without success. Lotsa of stuff that writes and edits PDFs, and splits and melds and translates to HTML, and more -- but never found one that would open a PDF and export it as a JPEG.

But your message inspired me to get out there and look some more and, yes, I did find one (PDF2ImagePDF) -- just one, but that's all it takes -- and downloaded it and found it does the job.

So, thank you for giving of your time and advice, and putting a smile on my emoticon. :D