Okay, so I'm missing something

Hi all,

Fairly new user of Paint.net, but love it. I'm learning to do cel shading, but am running into a problem...

I load my lineart image in and start doing some base colors on this image. All is well. I notice as I'm starting to select the face that one eye isn't lined off correctly, so when I select the area part of the eye is also selected. No problem, I grab the brush tool, select a color and am about to just add a line in to deal with this.

No go. The brush tool is shown as selected, but the color/line I try to put down doesnt display. So I add a layer, and try to do it there. Same deal. But if I open a blank page or another image, it paints without a problem.

What the heck am I doing wrong??

Thanks all!

Hi all,

Fairly new user of Paint.net, but love it. I'm learning to do cel shading, but am running into a problem...

I load my lineart image in and start doing some base colors on this image. All is well. I notice as I'm starting to select the face that one eye isn't lined off correctly, so when I select the area part of the eye is also selected. No problem, I grab the brush tool, select a color and am about to just add a line in to deal with this.

No go. The brush tool is shown as selected, but the color/line I try to put down doesnt display. So I add a layer, and try to do it there. Same deal. But if I open a blank page or another image, it paints without a problem.

What the heck am I doing wrong??

Thanks all!