Rotation Anchor and Meteor Shower

Hi guys,

newby to the forum. Have been using PDN a bit over the past years, but mainly for a few basic things, far from exploiting all its capabilities.

I know how to stack multiple picture of course, but with the upcoming Perseid Meteor Shower, I need to get tham all "aligned" since the rotation of the earth means that star field will move around. I want to stack them as if the star field did not move. So I will need to rotate all but one, around an anchor point, which will be the North Star of course.

I have found the Anchor Point in the Move tool, but it seems that wherever I put it, when after this I go into Layer... Rotate/Zoom, the rotation occurs from the middle of the frame, not from my manually preset anchor. I must be doing something wrong but have not figured what...

Once I can rotate them, I guess the best way will be with Lighten Layers, so I can see when the stars overlap properly?

Thanks for your help on this,

Regs

Francis

I have found the Anchor Point in the Move tool, but it seems that wherever I put it, when after this I go into Layer... Rotate/Zoom, the rotation occurs from the middle of the frame, not from my manually preset anchor. I must be doing something wrong but have not figured what...

You are right that the anchor point of Layer rotate/zoom is the center of the image only. But you are on the right way because you figured out already that you can change the anchor point in the move tool. Now you can use the rotation arrows in the move tool to rotate. They will appear at certain positions near the vertices of the selection.

midoras signature.gif